Welcome to DJS Consulting!
DJS Consulting can develop an interactive web application to fit almost any need. View the complete list of our current web sites and applications!
Information-Driven Process Automation
Computers can be used to automate almost any information-driven process. Online bank statements, mailing lists, and order tracking are all processes that can benefit from automation. We can develop web-based solutions, that can be deployed either on an intranet or the Internet, to automate these types of processes. We work to understand your process, then build solutions that help get you the information you need, so that you can spend less of your time finding information and more time doing. We also capture as many of the rules around your processes, and make the automated solution work to guide the users towards a higher-quality end product.
Several of our projects fit this description.
- Virtual Prayer Room helped the prayer ministry of Hoffmantown Church enable their prayer warriors to have access to requests wherever they are, even in their inbox once a day!
- TCMS was an application that helped organizations such as Love INC of South Albuquerque connect people with needs to people who can help fulfill those needs. TCMS sprung from the Not So Extreme Makeover: Community Edition in Albuquerque, New Mexico during spring break 2008; we not only developed the public presence, but an private system called NSXapp that enabled the management of the volunteers, families, and things for this massive effort.
- We continue to offer PrayerTracker, a free-to-use web application that helps Sunday School classes (or other small groups) generate a prayer request list; it provides a central place for list management and continuity.
Information Publicizing (including WordPress)
At one point, the Internet was called the “information superhighway;” we are now at a point where Internet connectivity is assumed. At its core, it is still about information. Our solutions give your information its driver’s license, so it can be on the highway too! (Tortured analogies are billed separately.) Of course, one of the great benefits of the Internet is that you do not need a license to put your information there; there are many platforms where the only technical skill you need is the ability to type text in a box. WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms in use today; it allows authors to concentrate on the content of their websites, rather than forcing authors to turn into programmers.
- We developed and maintained the site for Emerald Mountain Christian School for 9 years, where they have information about the type of curriculum they teach, the school’s 40+-year history, and how to get more information.
- We built and maintained the site for Photography by Michelle, which had information, prices, and samples of the photographer’s work, as well as the ability for customers to view proofs and make photo selections online.
- This site was built with a “static site generator.” The page layout and style are customized, and the content for each page lives in its own file. When a new page is added, or existing ones are updated, the complete site is generated again. This allows the generated site to be served with no special server software or database behind it. It’s a great way to build ultra-fast sites, although it does require a bit more technical knowledge beyond “typing text in a box.”
WordPress Design, Customization, and Support
- We helped Cassy Fiano and Dr. Melissa Clouthier both move their blogs from Blogspot to their own domains.
- We migrated Liberty Pundits from a custom blog platform to WordPress, and set up and maintained their server, which routinely cleared 100,000 hits per day in its prime.
- For Futility Closet, we moved their site from a shared hosting platform to its own VPS, to enable it to handle its ever-increasing traffic.
- TCMS and NSXapp both used WordPress as their front end, which also provided a public web presence that the customers could update themselves.
A web service is a way of using the Internet to provide or accept information that makes sense to computers; this allows other sites or applications to consume information from, or provide information to, your service. This enables communication between applications, without having to establish any communication channels other than the ones that web browsers already use. It isn’t the best fit for every application, but when it is useful, it is very useful.
Photography by Michelle has a web service that a desktop application utilizes to create the online proof sets right from the computer where the images reside. We also wrote a service for the 2010 40/40 Prayer Vigil, which was utilized by several sites to display the current day’s (or hour’s) prayer focus, and wrote one for 2012 as well. (As the ERLC does not host these any more, this service is no longer active.)
Legacy Data Sharing
Our background in mainframe applications gives us a knowledgeable perspective on retrieving information from older, “legacy” systems. This data can be migrated to a more modern relational or document database, where a web application can retrieve the information; in some cases, the data can even be exposed as a web service in place. These types of systems are often a great way for companies to expose their data to their customers, without having to move their day-to-day system from its current environment. While we currently have no active projects along these lines, our developers have done them in the past for other organizations; sadly, none can be linked publicly.
Developing a web-based solution has many advantages, whether that application can be used just on a local, private network (an intranet), or on the Internet.
- The application is available from any computer connected to the network — your home computer, your mobile phone or tablet, a shared comptuer in a library - wherever!
- There is no special software to install — every computer and mobile device has a web browser on it, and we ensure our solutions work on today’s most popular web browsers, including Microsoft® Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- Web-based solutions are easy to implement in a step-by-step fashion, so your most critical needs can be addressed and deployed first. Enhancements are generally easy to do as well.
We’d be happy to discuss your information technology needs, and how we may be able to help you. Just e-mail us and let us know what we can do for you!